Napa Style - some good finds!

I recently receive a catalog that is new to me - Napa Style.

Even though I rarely drink wine, I found lots of things that jumped out at me as original and/or tasteful interpretations of standard catalog furniture, as well as a lot of original and inspirational other pieces.

Lots of their larger case goods have built-in wine racks, which always strike me as the type of thing people just don't use. I absolutely love a lot of their other furnishings, accents and kitchenware though.

Here are some of my faves:


Assortment of renaissance mirrors in reclaimed pine - love that these are in reclaimed wood and are not glossy. The shapes with the protruding upper moldings remind me of faces.


Large-scale houndstooth jute rug - a great juxtaposition of British pattern (straight out of my design wheelhouse) with the more casual, rustic feel of jute (another personal fave).

Wine barrel pet bed - this should be added to the list in my earlier post! Love it!

Beautiful handmade market basket - I love the softness and organic feel of this basket as opposed to the more generic, stiff styles you often see in mass retailers.
Totally useful plastic baggie drying rack - I've never seen anything just like this and it is so practical, as many of us are trying to increase our recycling and reuse efforts. Now you can really effectively wash and dry out those plastic bags instead of throwing them out after a single use.

"Sojourner" desk case - use it to store your ink bottles and vintage postcards as shown, or make it into the world's most practical freestanding junk drawer.
Silicone bowl lids - I've never seen this alternative to those shower cap-type stretchy bowl covers, but they look amazing - they fit multiple sizes of bowl you already have, are made of silicone so they stretch and have a super-tight grip, and are microwave-, dishwasher-, and freezer-safe. After all the scary warnings about reheating foods in disposable plastic containers, these look like a healthy alternative I'd like to try.

Comments

biodtl said…
Erica Gail, This image of insulators on a brick wall is my image of my product! It is shameful that Napa Style Catalog continues to show a product they do not sell! Get the product you see in the picture www.railroadware.com
Erica Gail LLC said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica Gail LLC said…
biodtl, Thanks for letting me know about Railroadware.com! I will try to write a new post linking to your site. We have some real rail buffs in our family so maybe we'll be able to place an order soon!