More Market Day

Here are some more of my recent Merchandise Mart finds.

We have been looking for a piece of furniture for our bedroom with some character. It doesn't have to have a lot of storage, but it might be good for it to have some function beyond just being a simple console table.


Michaelian & Kohlberg table

Enter the Asian altar table I found at Michaelian and Kohlberg at the Mart. It's left over from their red tag sale a few months ago, and is priced to move at $625. It has 3 working drawers and is a Chinese antique from the 1800's. The approximate size if I remember correctly is 63"W x 23"D x 34"H.




Golden Triangle altar table

Best part: I later went to Golden Triangle, a beautifully merchandised emporium of Asian antiques located a block or two away from the Mart. They are having a sale with everything in the store at 40% off to designers. I found a very similar console there for $3,200 (pre-sale.) It may be a little older than the M&K one, but for that much of a difference in cost I think we can deal. The visual impact will be the same.




In keeping with the Asian theme, I also fell in love with these oversized branch vases at Casa Bella from the manufacturer Global Views. They are extremely striking in person - they are huge, like 30"H for the large ones in my estimation. (There are three sizes, small/med/large.) They look amazing on this low coffee table, but in reality there might be few occasions to use them in an actual house this way. I might place them in an entry way or hall landing table, or by a fireplace with branches. They look really great all grouped together and I am dying to figure out where they will go in our house.



Comments