Market Day!

I went shopping today at the Merchandise Mart to scope out some new showrooms, and found some fab stuff. It's my favorite thing to find inspirational pieces and imagine the rooms I would create around them, or figure out the sort of space where a piece would really fit perfectly. Doing this type of thing reminds me why I got into this field in the first place.

I will post some highlights over the next few days.



First, I saw this sensational settee at Century Furniture. (You can click on the images above to get super-sized versions.) They carry a line of custom linens and that same manufacturer makes the embroidered piece for this settee. It is a real "wow." The combination of the plain linen with the intricate embroidery - love it. Love. It.

I also came across these dining chairs at Casa Bella for around $500 each, which look remarkably similar to a version from the British vendor Soane that I have liked for a long time. (The soane ones can be done with a Greek key-shaped nailhead pattern on the apron just like the one on the left in lieu of the rolling wave pattern shown below.) Aside from the somewhat cheesy handle on the less expensive version, they are virtually indistinguishable.
$500-ish version top, Bazillion dollar version bottom:


I'll post more later!


Comments