Coffee Table Argument

The husband and I had an argument about coffee tables before I bought this one from Restoration Hardware, which we both like. We needed something light in our room so that it wouldn't be like a big black hole on our light jute rug, surrounded by our chocolate brown sofas, so the brass and glass idea was perfect. Plus it's on casters so it can be moved easily to accommodate sitting on either sofa.



However, he had been lobbying for a table he had seen once somewhere with an extendable top that would raise up on some type of hinge to pull forward and be at regular table height, so you could eat or do work at it while you sit at the couch. I kept blowing him off, telling him I had never seen such a thing. Basically, I wanted something more traditional in our space and I couldn't imagine something like that fitting in with the design aesthetic.

This weekend, up in Andersonville at Cassona, we stumbled on the type of table he had been pining for. I have to admit, it's not that bad looking (but nowhere near as appropriate as the one we got for our space,) and it's priced well at $445.


Coffee table closed


Husband pouting over extended position of coffee table

It's very contemporary, but everyone in our group agreed that it is truly functional and unlike any coffee table we've ever seen. Here's hoping that more companies copy this technology so there are more styles to choose from next time we're in the market for a coffee table.


Comments

OK, I wouldn't say we had an argument, more of a difference of opinion. I defer to the expert!
Kim said…
Heh, love the pouting pic. And it is a cool concept, but I like the way the glass looks much better.