Scrapwood Wallpaper - Does It Get Cooler Than This?



I just got an email with the coolest product I've seen in a while - wallpaper made to look like scrap wood.  It is actually printed heavy duty paper, which was clarified to me by a site selling the product after I was fooled by the images into thinking it was actually thinly veneered because of the life-like appearance of the wood pieces.  The designer is Piet Hein Eek out of Holland (where it's manufactured.)  The product won the ICFF Editors' Award this year.

It would be great in all kinds of rooms - entry, powder room, kitchen, bedroom - basically anywhere you want to bring a touch of organic, historical warmth.  It's nice to get some muted color and illusion of texture into a room without requiring any special trades or DIY knowledge.

The papers can be purchased here at 2Modern.



Comments

Blue Turtle said…
Cool yes. I like the idea. This reminds me of the old house.

J. Harp @ Interior Design Pro