Jayson Home & Garden Warehouse Sale!

Attention Chicago Shoppers: The Jayson Home & Garden Warehouse Sale is this weekend, and it opened about 45 minutes ago. I'd say I arrived about 3 minutes after it opened, and there were already approximately 500 people inside. Conservatively.

For those of you in Chicago, you probably know of Jayson as one of our city's coolest purveyors of home furnishings and accents. They have a wonderfully cultivated collection of new case goods, upholstered pieces, accessories, and lighting as well as an interesting assortment of "flea market find" type pieces that they get lord knows where. It all comes together into an ecclectic mix that manages to be sophisticated and exotic while still remaining accessible and warm.

Anyhow, the warehouse sale is this weekend at their warehouse on Webster just west of Elston by the Green Dolphin. In fact, you can park there or across the street at the kind of deserted looking warehouse (you'll probably see about 1000 other cars parked there - don't worry about finding it.) Even though the goods will likely be very picked over within the hour, I would still recommend going because I noticed that there were a number of items they have back stock in. For example, I bought a bed at the sale last year and was pleased to see that they delivered a newly wrapped one to me, not the floor model I had seen.

Tips (some echoed on Jayson's own site): Bring your measurements as well as a tape measure! Don't bring any large bags, carts, or strollers. Utilize your camera phone if you need to confirm with a significant other or roommate. Think about what you can spend in advance and be prepared to make a quick decision. And don't just buy a soap or candle because you feel like it's a waste to come all that way and not walk out with anything. Even though I was thrilled with what I got last year, I didn't find anything perfectly suited to my needs this year and I felt a real sense of pride when I walked away empty-handed rather than with an odd assortment of tabletop accessories.

Happy shopping!






Comments