Another Beautiful Mural Artist

I was contacted recently by Allison Cosmos, an experienced mural artist whose portfolio is rich in beautiful residential work (her bio says she also works in commercial settings.) With 14 years of experience, Allison brings a wonderful sense of color, taste, and refinement to her projects. I love how she draws inspiration from playful fabric motifs and expands them by adding original animals, scenes, or other ornament where appropriate. Here are just a couple of my favorite images from her portfolio.


This toile-inspired imagery is based on the style of a Scalamandre pattern used elsewhere in the room. How wonderful for a child's room, or even a powder room or dining room!

This elegant scrollwork would look equally suitable in a dressing room or a dining room. (Click any of the photos for enlarged images.)

I absolutely love the stained pattern on this floor. This is something I've always wanted to do for a client but haven't found the right project yet. Now I know who can help when it comes up! I even love the variety of cross forms occupying the centers of the octagons.


Believe it or not, this is an entry door. Damask patterns seem to be everywhere these days, but this is actually one application I haven't come across until now. The contrast of the raspberry and white are so striking against the gray wall and the green daybed. Love!

Comments

Mural art looks like a great way to add something unique to the home. When are we going to get a mural?