Marimekko Fabulosity

After my sister sent me a link to Marimekko's website (to look at an adorable dress), I found their online library of fabric patterns. Listed by designer, Marimekko fabrics are always crisp and refreshingly creative. Here are some of my favorites:





Kevätjuhla by Miina Äkkijyrkkä (not sure how to pronounce that one!)

The site shows numerous fabrics made into duvet sets for the bedroom. It's funny - the way they're all styled and photographed from an aerial perspective, I thought they were all hot water bottles until I enlarged one and realized it was a bed shot from above.

Here are a couple of the patterns I really liked:







The signature Marimekko style lends itself naturally to kids' products.



Check out this adorable bib.



And this twist on the classic game, "Memory." Wouldn't it be more fun with Marimekko patterns involved?



Comments