A Feast for the Eyes and Mouth!


It was love at first sight when I laid eyes on these absolutely gorgeous dessert creations by Amy Atlas. She is an event planner specializing in dessert tables that she designs and makes. Her expertise is in combining her own specialty dessert cakes, petits fours, truffles, and homemade candy with store-bought candies in subtle color combinations to create striking tablescapes worthy of the grandest parties and events. Go to her website to see many more gorgeous photos.


I love the color schemes, delicate details and creative/innovative designs. I love that she puts effort into allowing the handmade details to shine rather than trying to make everything look cookie cutter (pun intended!)



When you see the desserts close-up, the attention to detail blows you away. (I am speaking of the photo close-ups - I haven't been fortunate enough yet to actually attend any of her events, plus she's based in NY. But here's hoping.) Everything looks absolutely mouth-watering.



I'm very inspired by what I'll call her candyscapes. My husband's office holiday party had a simple candy bar at the end where everyone could scoop their favorite into a bag to take away. It's a simple concept, but such a crowd-pleaser. You could totally do it yourself at home. But when someone puts the effort into the sophisticated color combinations of the candies like Amy seems to, it elevates the concept to another level that can compete with or sit along next to more sophisticated desserts without looking gimmicky.



Comments