And on the Subject of Blankets... More Awesomeness!

Pendleton "Eye Dazzler" Blanket

In writing about the Swans Island Blankets in my earlier post, I was reminded of some other blankets I recently came across while researching linens for my new daybed. Some of you may not be that familiar with Pendleton or might never have heard of them, but they are still around making blankets from historic designs in addition to their contemporary apparel.
Pendleton is a family company founded in 1863. Until 1895, the company dealt in wool but did not do the weaving. Beginning in 1895, the company opened its own mill to produce blankets and robes for Native Americans, later branching out into menswear and womenswear. It still produces historic Native American designs (like the one above) from its archives in addition to modern apparel and bedding.
I love their authentic national park blankets in heavy wool - perfect for a mountain home or really any room that works with these bold colors.

Glacier National Park Blanket, 100% pure virgin wool
Grand Teton National Park Blanket, 100% pure virgin wool

I also love their selection of throws. The ones I've shown here are both plaid, but they have an assortment of beautiful solids as well in numerous types of wool. They've got me dreaming of curling up on the couch enveloped in one of their super-thick wool throws.
Plaid 5th Avenue Throw, 100% merino wool

"Motor Robe" in Indigo Plaid, 100% pure virgin wool

Comments