Powder Room Storage Piece - The Next Frontier

Now that the media cabinet situation is shored up, I am turning my focus to other pieces we still need. One outstanding item is some sort of solution to provide storage in the powder room, where we only have a pedestal sink. We need at minimum somewhere to store a roll or two of TP, plus it's always nice for ladies to have somewhere to set down their purse if they're using the facilities.

I was perusing a blog on the Domino website (http://www.dominomag.com/daily/blogs/dailydose/the_deal_hunter) when I came across this diminutive gilt bamboo occasional table with a shelf below. I think it could work with the finish as is, but the blogger suggested that he would consider painting it. We had also considered something more in the direction of a closed cabinet in a more traditional Asian lacquered style, but I think I may take this direction instead unless something else presents itself very soon.

I like the vintage/retro styling and the delicate scale of the framework. And the color appears to be a muted enough gold to be tasteful, not garish. The top is apparently a removeable tray - not something I'm looking for in particular, but who knows - someday if this is used in another room, it may come in handy.

The finishes in the powder room now are more rustic, with pale beige plaster walls and an ivory resin antler-framed mirror, so I think the refined nature of this piece would be a nice counterpoint.


http://www.mermaidhut.com/Prod-18-1-82-64/Golden_Bamboo_Two-Tier_Antiqued_Mirror_Folding_Table.htm

Comments