Guinea Hens for sale


Courtesy of www.jeanetteverster.com/page/2/?tag=bird

I found this awesome post on Craig's List from a guy selling his guinea hens.




http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/pit/933339437.html

I was initially intrigued because I love guinea fowl feathers and folk art depicting guinea fowl, but kept reading because it was just really funny.
Guinea fowl have long, stiff feathers that are typically spotted or striped. They have a vaguely tribal, ethnic look due to their irregular markings, and can really look wonderful in flower arrangements or used as trim on lampshades or other items.

Here are some additional pics of guinea fowl I found on the web.
A particularly football-like guinea hen


Feathers for sale


Comments

Brooklyn Reader said…
Ha! That Craig's List post was great. Are you considering a guinea hen or two to keep your house pest-free?
Erica Gail LLC said…
I'm not sure guinea hens make good pets. Maybe once it warms up, we can keep one on our terrace.